LGBTQ poetry and lit reading

Fitz Ish

clockenfrau

LGBTQ poetry and lit reading

August 22 2020
I've been toying for a while with an idea of doing a small event that's like a poetry/lit reading event, but through the discord. I wannaa know if anyone else would be interested and what you'd like to focus on / how youd like it structured. 

Before SGN i worked with a group called Devils Dykes organising poetry and arts events focusing on queer people and women, and it'd be really nice to bring some of that work to SGN. For full events we'd arrange 4 poets to read a small selection of their own work on a small stage, with little discussion beyond an introduction of themself and the work. For more informal events, we each pick a few poems or book exceprts, by ourselves or poets that inpsire us we like and read them, talk about it how it impacts us an stuff. 

I thought it might be nice to do a little event like this, specifically for work by LGBTQ people. No pressure to read anything yourself of course.

Let me know if you'd be at all interested :) 

Here's my favourite poem by Mary Oliver, a wonderful lesbian poet
5 people liked this
Edited August 22 2020 by clockenfrau
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 22 2020
Sounds like one of those talent nights on the Enterprise!  I’d attend, but I’m not much of a poet, so I’d be enjoying the night from the audience.   

Fitz Ish

clockenfrau

August 23 2020
you could always read something by a published writer! there are plenty out there! i'd love to share one by sam sax if we get enough interest, it's always made me cry