The Naked Time - Part 1 - Magnetism

Ted Hembach

TLara

The Naked Time - Part 1 - Magnetism

June 29 2016
Episode "The Naked Time", TOS

That was a hell of a ride. When I first saw this episode, I was stunned. Lovely characters, Chapel in one of her best moments, Sulu fighting (where is his foil in STO?), this awful song that Kyle was singing, and even a Mister Spock who was crying over never told his mother that he loved her. A coldstart of the warpengine, which is impossible to do, unless you have a Miracle Worker onboard. And also the obligatory torn apart shirt of Kirk in the end. Great.

[attachment=3604]TNT_Enterprise.jpg[/attachment]

The breakup of planet Psi 2000 was characterized by dramatic changes in its magnetic field, including at one point a four degree shift of the whole magnetic field. Does that sound familiar? As far as I know, Earth's magnetic field reached it's lowest fieldstrenght EVER, and nobody knows why.

There are talks about pole shifts, of natural cycles, even about planetary objects entering or passing our solar system causing this. In finding out which of these theories explains most of whats going on, I stumbled upon a article, which might explain why people are getting more and more strange or aggressive or spiritual. It states that humans have a receptor for magnetic fields.

Could this and the weak magnetic field of earth be the cause for the strange behavior of humans? What do you think?

Sixth Sense in humans found (magnetism receptors) - pdf link

If you want to read on, here's the rest of the naked time series:
The Naked Time - Introduction
The Naked Time - Part 2 - Gravitation
The Naked Time - Part 3 - Lightspeed
The Naked Time - Part 4 - Time
Edited July 29 2016 by TLara