Headset Headache

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
I have a wireless headset (Logitech H600) and it worked great for a long time, but over the past few months, I've started having a lot of problems with it.

Whenever I have a game open, there's lots of beeping and other interference, whether it's on Skype or TeamSpeak. I've googled the problem a lot and haven't been able to find a solution and I've tried everything I can imagine to fix the problem. I've come up with nothing.

It only seems to happen when I'm playing a graphics intensive game, but my headset has nothing to do with my graphics card. I moved the recieved to the front of my PC for a better connection, but that's hasn't made a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Gork

Gork

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
A lot of games process sound through your CPU - up to the point of insanity in Diablo III where lowering your sound quality may in fact impact your gaming experience in positive way by giving you more fps, so unless it's some kind of hardware issue, I'd say your CPU is slowly starting to fall back behind (don't know what you have in your PC so it's a blind guess), then again, for now there is not enough Data (at least for me) to be sure what it is.

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
I have an Intel i7 4790 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti.
Gork

Gork

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
Guess that's not the problem then. How are they connected? Via Bluetooth or usb - and are you able to switch to the other to check if it helps. Yeh, I do know you most likely tried it, though there is always slight chance you did not.
Gavin

nivagni

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
Like you I googled the problem and there seems to be ALOT of people complaining about interference problems... without them finding any solution for it.

Have you recently added any new hardware, I don't know what frequency your headset uses but possibly interference from a wireless modem/router etc ?

Good luck... but I can see you kicking it across the room and getting a new one..

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
It's a Bluetooth headset, but it came with its own doggle. If I connect it directly with Bluetooh and not the doggle, the microphone doesn't work. I didn't leave it like that long enough to really test if that fixed anything cause it was kinda useless.

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
Quote by nivagni
Like you I googled the problem and there seems to be ALOT of people complaining about interference problems... without them finding any solution for it.

Have you recently added any new hardware, I don't know what frequency your headset uses but possibly interference from a wireless modem/router etc ?

Good luck... but I can see you kicking it across the room and getting a new one..

I got a Logitech G700s around the same time that the interference started, I've tried turning it off and unplugging it completely, but doesn't seem to affect the static.
Shawn Birch

Parker

Headset Headache

June 25 2016
another stab in the dark...is your cell phone near by? and are you getting tons of emails etc? My iPhone causes havoc with my wired surround system.
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Re:Headset Headache

June 28 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16
I have an Intel i7 4790 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

Oo. I have a i7 4770 w/ a gtx 770. We have almost identical components LOL. I would say that if you can test out other headsets do that. At least this way if all headsets are doing it you know it's a software problem most likely. If only that had that is doing it then it could be wear and tear

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Re:Headset Headache

June 28 2016
Wait a second... I'm starting to think that I had a similar problem with my wireless headset. If I can remember how I corrected my problem since I had a lot of issues early on I will put some suggestions up

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

Headset Headache

June 30 2016
Hi NicholasJohn,

suppose, that I can´t give you a hint on how to get rid on the annoying sounds you are hearing, but I also have a BT Headset Problem.

I own a Philips SHB9100 Bluetooth headset and I got lots of trouble on operating it with the Windows 10 Machine where STO is running now.

Whenever I connect it to the PC, I got two possibilities to choose from:
Either "Handsfree Audio Mono" or "A2DP Stereo Audio".

Obviously I want to have Stereo HQ sound, but it doesn´t work. I only have mono sound on the right ear (left channel / ear without sound!)
This is system wide on Windows (means also Teamspeak - and I struggled with it at our pride event).

Curious thing is: It works seamlessly without any problem in Stereo HQ on my iPhone and also in the Macintosh (also worked well in STO on the mac when it was still supported).

I already looked into a different A2DP driver for Windows 10, but didn´t find any. The systems driver hooks up on the Bluetooth Realtech chipset.

Any idea what I can do?

Regards

Nicolas-James (also a "NJ" *hehe*)
Unknown Person liked this
Edited June 30 2016 by Khazaan
A.J.

xochild

Headset Headache

June 30 2016
I have a similar Logitech headset, an H800, and I've lately been having these problems too. My PC's specs are completely different to yours, but, we share the same OS.

I haven't found a solution yet, other than to continue using it as-is. Or, if you can suffer through the bluetooth connection's poor quality, use that for the time being.

Headset Headache

June 30 2016
Quote by xochild
I have a similar Logitech headset, an H800, and I've lately been having these problems too. My PC's specs are completely different to yours, but, we share the same OS.

I haven't found a solution yet, other than to continue using it as-is. Or, if you can suffer through the bluetooth connection's poor quality, use that for the time being.

I was thinking about upgrading to the H800. Do you connect with integrated bluetooth or does it come with its own adapter? I was hoping it wouldn't have this problem. Do you have a Logitech mouse too?
A.J.

xochild

Headset Headache

July 01 2016
It's actually a rather brilliant headset tbh. For streaming and the like, I use a Blue Nessie desktop mic, but, for general voice chat, it's pretty good.

It comes with integrated bluetooth connectivity as well as its own USB adapter. I do, but, I use a wired mouse on my PC - unless I'm using Kodi on my PC to watch something on the telly. I might recommend getting a newer model, but, if you're trying to limit how much you're spending on it, it's a solid enough model if you don't have interference.
Isthisscience

isthisscience

Headset Headache

July 01 2016
I had a lot of problems with my old bluetooth headset. Though I think it might have been a lot of wireless devices from neighbouring flats and general poor quality of the device. I redesigned my whole flat around a complicated system of USB cables so I could have a good wired headset embedded inside my desk - however now it draws so much power from the motherboard it turns a 2 second start up into 5 minutes. That's not helpful is it?