not quite ST...
:unsure:

3 people liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
This looks.... just awful.

Will I watch it? Sure. But damn...Talk about kicking a franchise while it's down. :unsure:
2 people liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
An action movie, how wonderful. :S So much for simon Pegg helping us out.
Unknown Person liked this
Petar

werePetar

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
I did not even know new st is coming so soon (thought it wont be coming before 2017).
i hope it will be better then i think it will be

Frozenlily

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
All I see is a repeat of The Final Frontier... Hopefully like it's predecessor, 2018 should be better...
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
There is NOTHING new in the JJ Star Trek films. They have all been repeats of previously made work, even the first one steals from the past in places while totally mucking up everything else. These films are a blight upon the real Star Trek and the reason it will not survive.

Edit: I wish I could be positive about this except that there is nothing good to say about these films except, "oh look flashy flashy and pew pews everywhere."
2 people liked this
Edited December 15 2015 by medgirl1025
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
Star Trek: TNG's Reaction to the new film trailer...

4 people liked this
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
To borrow from the bigger franchise...

Seriously? The plot is ripped out of Gilligan's island?
(No ship, no crew, no motorcars, not a single luxury...)
3 people liked this
Edited December 15 2015 by LoonShy
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
I find our lack of disagreement on this disturbing. Lol yeah it's really awful.

Unknown Person

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
I'm not one of the trekkies that is Anti-JJ or the JJ-Verse and I will defend Star Trek 2009 with every fibre because I actually think that's a pretty awesome Star Trek Movie (there's flaws in it, but they don't detract from the over-all quality of it).

Into Darkness I struggle to watch because It's just so horribly written and just makes a mockery of Star Trek. The thing is that Into Darkness had awesome trailers and I was confident the film would live up to that, obviously I was wrong.

Trailers are trailers are trailers are trailers and they often prove to me misleading and it's impossible to judge the quality of the final movie based on a trailer.

That said I think it's pretty obvious that they are trying to go with a Guardians of The Galaxy style more "fun" movie this time round and it actually looks like it could be good and if it didn't have a Star Trek skin we might all much more positive about it.

The movies are always going to be a more action-packed popcorn throw-away commodities and my advice would simply be to enjoy the JJ-verse for what it is and save judgement for the real Trek which belongs on the small screen and hopefully we'll see return in 2017.

I also don't buy into this ideal that the JJ-verse Star Trek is dying or is unsuccessful. Despite poor reviews Star Trek Into Darkness made over 400 million dollars world-wide at the box office, over double it's budget. That's an amazing success and nobody should be under any illusions on the subject.

I think some of us older-time Star Trek fans need to realise that we have no god-given right to be the only people in the world to decide if something is good enough to be Star Trek. The new generation of Star Trek fans I imagine will love the JJ-Verse and wouldn't be able to sit through an episode of TNG without their eyes flicking to their nearest handheld device.

I'm excited for what the future holds for Star Trek. I just hope the writing is more 2009 and less Into Darkness.

Also Chris Pine is hawt, he has a new funky hair cut.
Edited December 15 2015 by Unknown Person
Seba

WhatSoEver

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 15 2015
There's action, there's eye candy, there's humour... Where's Star Trek? :dry:
Cheshire McCaster

Niko

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 16 2015
http://trekcore.com/blog/2015/12/justin-lin-on-star-trek-beyond-trailer-and-more/ An interview with Justin Lin the movies director over the trailer that was released.
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

December 19 2015
I actually like into darkness with it's plot about the exploration and diplomacy angles vs the warlike politics of marcus, and the vengance is cool, if strange for having ahole in the saucher, and a lame name.

Khan is just... wrong though, he should have been john harrison and only john harrison, nod at khan but not have him be khan.

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

May 21 2016
New trailer just came out...

2 people liked this

Unknown Person

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

May 21 2016
Much better trailer ...

Was that an NX Class at the end? If so awesome!
Bren Ohmsford

Bren

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

May 22 2016
Quote by Halish
Much better trailer ...

Was that an NX Class at the end? If so awesome!

I think that's the USS Franklin.

Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

May 22 2016
it is a better trailer, but, I still see too much focus on swooshing action and emotional spock and criticism of the ideals of Trek, I do not honestly expect it to feel properly Trek-y..

Still, neat that they get an old ship like an NX era design and use it after the jjprise and most of the crew are destroyed.

I wonder though, will it have them surviving, or sacrificing themselves and the ship to stop some big black control ship?
Sej @Ereiid

Ereiid

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

May 23 2016
It's remarkably unlikely to sway any opinion or prejudgment you have on Star Trek: Beyond.

But io9/Gizmodo has a behind-the-scenes longform from the Vancouver set. It's just a bit puff-piecey; doesn't do much in the way of critical interrogation of what fans have been harping on over the trailers.

FAIR WARNING: SPOILARZ, THAR BE HERE (and extensive, exhaustive ones at that)

How Star Trek Beyond Plans to Honor Its 50th Anniversary

A brief, non-spoilery snippet for j00:
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Star Trek and the latest film, Star Trek Beyond, is well aware. Its mission? Give fans a film with the spirit of the original series, but also figure out what it actually means to Trek through the Stars. The stardate is August 7, 2015, and we’re witnessing day 30 of 77 on the Vancouver set where Star Trek Beyond is currently being filmed.
Edited May 23 2016 by Ereiid