Star Trek Renegades

Pete Spreadborough

Pete_jhS

Star Trek Renegades

June 25 2015
I noticed a couple of members were discussing the Renegades trailer a little while back. As a backer I was e-mailed a link for the preview, and was wondering whether anyone else has seen it yet? I don't want to spoiler it at all for anyone, but would be interested in hearing others' opinions.

Pete
Unknown Person liked this
Joseph Baker

Jerran

Star Trek Renegades

June 26 2015
I'm a backer, but I missed the narrow window to watch it. I'd rather wait till it's complete anyway.
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

Confederacy Renegades

June 27 2016
I look forward to where they'll take the show now that it is being softly rebooted as an independent franchise with trek homages, but on the level of Galaxy Quest or Stargate's color coded uniform scene, it might benefit from the increased liberty to tell rogue stories than be forced to involve the trek universe as before, even if it shares similarities.
Iain Smith

eazzie79

Star Trek Renegades

June 27 2016
Star Trek Renegades no longer exists. Due to the strict guidelines as set by CBS/Paramount the second episode "Requiem" has kinda been canceled. It will be back but in a highly modified state. Gone are Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, Terry Farrell, Robert Beltran, Tim Russ, Manu Intiraymi, Aron Eisenburg, Robert Picardo, Cirroc Lofton, and any other supporting cast members who have previously been involved in a network incarnation or film incarnation of Star Trek. It is to continue as just Renegades.

Here is the official press release ....

We, at Renegades, have nothing but the utmost respect for Star Trek and its IP holders, CBS and Paramount. Everything we have done has been because of Gene Roddenberry’s vision and creativity. Star Trek is their property and we will absolutely abide by their rules and guidelines.

That being said, we do have an obligation to our donors and fans, and we have every intention of fulfilling it to the best of our ability. So, we will continue to make “The Requiem” as promised, but without any Star Trek elements.

As you know, we’ve already begun filming “The Requiem” so we cannot halt, suspend, or postpone production. Renegades, from the get go, was designed to be transformative… not derivative. Thus, with very minor changes to our script, we have eliminated all of the Star Trek references. The good news is that Renegades is now a completely original and ongoing series.

We would like to take this time to thank CBS and Paramount for letting us play in their proverbial sandbox for as long as they did. And we’d also like to thank our loyal, creative, and passionate fans for their unending support. We truly appreciate it.

-The Renegades Team
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

Star Trek Renegades

June 27 2016
Far as I knew they still were going to use the actors from trek, just not as their characters as originally presented, cbs guidlines wouldn't prevent walter koenig from appearing in more babylon 5, so why would it prevent him from appearing in more of Renegades, especially if they do an altered pilot edit at some point or treat episode two as the true pilot (like TOS second pilot)

I still felt it was needed to make a comment here rather than a new thread treating it as totally separate now.
Isthisscience

isthisscience

Star Trek Renegades

July 01 2016
I saw the first episode and to be honest, it has nothing to do with Trek. It was okay, but it could be any generic Sci-fi. I had none of the feel or the messages Trek had. I hate to complain about a fan film but if you're making Trek because it is no longer on TV and you want to fill the hole left by it; this is not what you make. It has more to do with certain actors' current career prospects than the spirit of Trek and what made it unique. The fact they can take the Star Trek out of it and carry on is testament to that. There is nothing in it that screams Star Trek, regardless of its quality.