No Mans Sky: the most ambitious game in the universe

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 01 2014
'No Man's Sky' swaps fetch quests and missions for a living, breathing universe of infinite possibility'

This looks great.. it sounds a bit like EVE but more bigger and planets are involved.
The game Will be available on the PS4 however Hello Games have left the option of bringing the game to other platforms open.. which I hope will come to PC.

Still in development however, so probably going to take forever.. but the response they got at the E3 2014 conference will hopefully move the development on faster :P

-----------------------------------
No Mans sky, Preview article which excited me
-----------------------------------

(Invalid video video code)

3 people liked this
Edited July 01 2014 by GXV3
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

July 01 2014
I just saw this the other day and was left very intrigued. All procedural generation of systems, worlds, life forms, etc....just wow. Sort of what STO did with the star cluster missions, but far, far more developed. Hint-iddy hint hint, Cryptic!

If NMS comes to the PC, I'll be all over it! Amazeballs. B)
2 people liked this
Edited July 01 2014 by Rasilek
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

July 01 2014
*drools* :L. . . . This looks amazing.... EEEE!!! Hope it does come for the PC!! B)
Unknown Person liked this

July 03 2014
Saw that after the E3, it looks pretty awesome. Though, I've never been a big fan of flight simms. I wonder how expansive the ground portion of the game would be. I'd love it on the PC but XBox One would be good too. Here's the Planet Stonewall!
Angel

Angelsilhouette

July 03 2014
Is it supposed to be a MMO, a single player, or a private server multiplayer game like Planet Explorers?
Shawn Birch

Parker

July 03 2014
Looks amazing! PC version please.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 03 2014
Quote by Angelsilhouette
Is it supposed to be a MMO, a single player, or a private server multiplayer game like Planet Explorers?

Not much is known really, it is an MMO.. but the creator said on one of the videos.. that the universe is so so vast that the chances of seeing another player is minimum.
The only signs you see that other players are around is when you see another players name has discovered the planet/lifeform/plant/mineral youve just seen (unless your the first to discover it)

its all about exploration I guess, and building up your ship to be able to explore the universe.
or build a factory to make resources and sell them.

thats what Im getting from what the blogs and reviews say, anyway.

2 people liked this
Angel

Angelsilhouette

July 04 2014
Well I certainly hope friends can group up and discover things together, then. :)

Unknown Person

July 05 2014
It'll be interesting to see if it can truly generate unique experiences on a large scale but I'll only really be interested if it comes to PC.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 06 2014
Yea im not all up to date with the new gen consoles PS4/XBone and what they can do (because I cant afford one).. I know I can always rely on the PC to give fully depth and open gaming worlds.

I truly hope what the hype and gossip says will come true. Im always a bit let down when the games come out that promise full freedom.
I just.. and a lot of others here want to be an explorer with no limits :p ... and some pew pews.

Thats what I liked about EvE. though it was to complicated for me. they should teach classes about it!

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 12 2016
Dusting off this thread!!

Does anyone own this on PS4 yet? what do you think?
11 hours to go until it is unlocked for PC!! (ive had to get on PC as Xbox were fools not to grab exclusive rights)

whom else has been reading/watching the hype and is thinking of getting it?
2 years ive been waiting im so excited i wont lie. :silly:

its a 50/50 game at the moment RE: reviews, a lot are saying its just what they thought// and the other half are bored already, thinking it would be some true space and ground blaster game that they are used to... so the gamer boys just troll it.
it was never intended to be that mass market of a game, its a game about fulfilling your fantasy's as a sci-fi young dreamer boy.. to explore and to encounter things that are strange, to look for new aliens and old civilizations (sounds familiar) :)

Unknown Person

August 12 2016
I honestly can't decide if I want to buy it or not (for the PC). I'm itching to play a new space game but have this nagging feeling that it'll cost me £40 and I'll be bored.

I wish there was more of a story element to it but mostly I wish it had more multiplayer (co-op) elements.

Might wait to here some peoples views of the game when they get their hands on it :)
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

August 15 2016
I'd been thinking about getting the game for a while, but I've been thinking about really shaking up my gaming experience, and am planning to pick up NBA 2K17 instead. Big reason is the massive amount of customization added into this version. And, sadly, my gaming budget, and more importantly, gaming time, is limited.

August 18 2016
Quote by Halish
I honestly can't decide if I want to buy it or not (for the PC). I'm itching to play a new space game but have this nagging feeling that it'll cost me £40 and I'll be bored.

I wish there was more of a story element to it but mostly I wish it had more multiplayer (co-op) elements.

Might wait to here some peoples views of the game when they get their hands on it :)

From what I've read, there's a good amount of grinding, so yeah, you'll be bored. :P

I think I'll pick this game up if and when I get and it supports the Oculus Rift. I've never been good at flight sims cause the Z-axis on a computer screen messes with me. I usually just end up doing strange belly rolls while being shot at by enemies.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 21 2016
As I said to Halish just now... the sad truth is... im already bored of it, and haven't played it in more than a few days.

I would 110% wait until its on sale.. a mega sale.. id say its worth about £15.

When you first play it.. your like.. wow.. look at that.. omg you can do this, you can do that.. wow this is seamless.
When your ready to fly up into space.. amazing
when you go into warp.. fantastic.. when you travel to your new system... whoo cool!
when you see your first worm hole.. AMAZING

but.... then you realize you've seen this planet before... but it had a few more trees.. or it had floating rocks or it was green, now its blue.
after a few planet jumps and system jumps... your like meh...seen this before.. lets mine some copper to get make a new warp battery so i can get out of this system.

you warp in... you mine to make a new battery.. you warp out.. you warp in, you mine to make a new battery.. you warp out.. you mine to make a new battery.. you warp out. you mine to make a new battery.. you warp out.

and thats it... thats how you'll be playing.

the first 2/3 times you play the game, you will LOVE it... after that... its just loading the game up just to.. mine... and thats all you can do... sure seeing a new creature and claiming your discovery is cool.. but .. its a game you play to pass the time, and while your playing it.. you think about other games :P

Dont get me wrong its a fantastic beautiful game, how seamless it is, and the freedom you have.. it gave me 2 days of the wow factor.. but its competitive after that.

id recommend it to anyone... IF it was cheap.. its absolutely NOT worth £40/$60 right now.
Its a Fad game.. but a beautiful one.

3 people liked this
Varil

Sentient_Gumball

August 21 2016
This sounds like they took STO's genesis system (or whatever it was called) and slapped a $60 price tag on it..
Lesley

LesleyA

August 21 2016
Havent bought it myself but have played it for about two days by sharing it from my brothers Steam library. I love exploration games and if there is a story tied to it all the better and this does fit the bill for me. As for planets looking the same I just treat it like Skyrim in that I stick to one planet for exploration to learn languages and upgrade and evrything else i come across and only move elsewhere if there is something else I need from that other place.

I will likely buy my own copy but really think the price is a bit high right now and will wait for the £10-15 price point before purchase, but if they update to include pvp multiplayer it will get dropped like a hot potato or played permanently offline.
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

August 22 2016
I think the idea is less "have the stars and explore all the new randomized stuff" and more "uncover the mysteries of the past!"

It seems much more suited for an immersion story than just playing in the universe, you need to WANT what it has, not hope for more than it has.

Still, i would probabky wait for a better price than full release, but it is not a bad game for what it is.